This Event is Closed Out:
The Government of Barbados invites you to attend…
Invest in Barbados
Lunchtime Business Symposium
Wednesday, February 26th
10:30 am – 2:00pm
Grand Hyatt New York
109 East 42nd Street at Grand Central Terminal
• The advantages offered by Barbados to global investors
• Updates on the regulatory environment and structuring options for tax efficiency
• Current investment opportunities for the international investor
• Blockchain and Barbados
This symposium will provide a wealth of information on using Barbados, supported by its wide network of Double Taxation, Investment and Trade Treaties, as a near-shore location to enhance global competitive advantage.
- Barbados continues to be recognized internationally as a preferred jurisdiction for foreign investment, and an expanding network of double taxation agreements (DTAs) and bilateral investment treaties (BITs) with countries across the globe adds to its attractiveness. To date, Barbados has forty (40) DTAs in force and over four thousand (4,000) registered international business entities.
- Barbados is committed to the maintenance of high standards and places emphasis on competitiveness, while offering clients predictability and transparency in their investments. The country promotes an environment which encourages the establishment of businesses of substance and its range of financial services legislation allows investors the flexibility to create the types of corporate structures specifically suited to their needs. Barbados’ revised domestic legal framework was recently assessed as being compliant with the substantial activities standard set by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- The country’s business infrastructure features modern telecommunications and information technology with related disaster contingency capability, reliable local utilities and international air and seaports.
NO WALKINS - this event is strictly for Greater New York Chamber members only